- Practice Commenced: 2005
- Total Mediations (as of May 2021): 2500
Tami was admitted to practice law in Florida after graduating from the University of Florida College of Law in 1989. She started her legal career as an Assistant State Attorney, working in both the domestic violence and the sex crimes divisions, in addition to felony court.
After experiencing her own divorce, she became interested in the practice of Family Law, and in particular, the value of mediation as a priceless benefit for divorcing couples and their families. Ms. Sbar was certified by the Florida Supreme court as a Certified Family Mediator in 2000. That same year, she opened her own litigation practice with a focus on marital and family law, including family business disputes and high asset divorce issues.
As her mediation practice grew, she ultimately closed her litigation practice to devote her time solely to mediation.
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Family Businesses
- University of Florida College of Law, JD 1989
- University of Florida, BA English 1986
Memberships & Affiliations
- Best Lawyers Magazine”, Florida Issue, Family Law Mediation category, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
- Voted #1 by peers. Top Lawyers, Tampa Magazine, Family Law Mediation Category 2017, 2018, 2019.
- Founding Member, Academy of Professional Family Mediators
- Florida Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator Training
- Advanced Training in Collaborative Law Process.