Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1993
- Total Mediations (as of Nov 2020): 5500
The mission of Peter J. Grilli, P.A. is the provision of alternative dispute resolution services to parties, counsel and courts, ultimately to the public good. To implement the mission, substantial resources and effort are committed to case preparation, facilities, services, and the teaching and taking of continuing education such as the Harvard Negotiation Workshop.
Over 5500 cases have been mediated, the vast majority successfully, since the practice commenced on December 1, 1993. Cases have ranged over the scope of civil litigation in federal and state courts, including the then-largest employment class action ever certified and a public school system desegregation case.
Peter has mediated a vast array of civil disputes, including but not limited to:
- Intellectual property such as patent, trademark, copyright, trade secrets and non-solicitation;
- First-Party and Third-Party insurance issues such as coverage (Environmental, Maritime, Bodily Injury, Advertising Injury), First-Party Claims (sink holes, fire and theft losses, hurricane claims), Extra-contractual liability, Subrogation claims.
- Employment (including class actions and collective actions) raising issues of Title VII, ADA, ADEA, Florida Civil Rights Act, Whistleblower, FLSA, FMLA, ERISA;
- Education issues such as school desegregation, free exercise, individuals with disabilities education act.
- Commercial and consumer disputes such as Anti-Trust, Health Care, Banking, Securities, Real Property, Legal Malpractice, Construction, Collections, Florida and Federal Collections Practices Acts.
- Medical and dental malpractice, Products Liability, Premises Liability, FELA, Automobile Negligence, Defamation
- Constitutional issues such as free speech, free exercise, due process, equal protection, school desegregation, police procedure, jail medical;
- False Claims Act (Qui Tam)
- ADA Disability
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Media & Communications
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Wrongful Death
- Georgetown University (J.D., 1977)
- Yale College, B.A. Cum Laude, American Studies (1973)
Memberships & Affiliations
Executive Board, Law and Policy in International Business, 1976-1977. Fellow, American College of Civil Trial Mediators. Law Clerk to Honorable Ben Krentzman, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1977-1979. Chair, Mediation Committee, Middle District Civil Justice Reform Act Advisory Group, 1997. Speaker, German Bar Convention, 1997. Eleventh Circuit Judicial Conference, 1989, 1997. President, Ferguson-White American Inn of Court, 1991-1992, 1996-1997. Certified Circuit Court and Federal Court Mediator and Arbitrator. Member, CPR Panel of Distinguished Neutrals; Hillsborough County Bar Association; Society for Professionals in Dispute Resolution.
$400.00 per hour for two sides, $450.00 per hour for three sides, $480.00 per hour for four or more sides and for cases scheduled on federal and state holidays.