Academy MemberMap & Directions
Karen Evans, a Florida Bar member and the founder of Litigation Resolution, Inc. has spent more than twenty years working exclusively as a mediator and arbitrator. Ms. Evans specializes in employment, civil rights, disability and commercial law claims pending in both federal and state court. Ms. Evans additionally serves as a panelist for the American Arbitration Association where she regularly arbitrates both employment and commercial disputes. Ms Evans served on a panel where she mediated and arbitrated national class action gender discrimination claims and provided early neutral evaluation for a national class action race discrimination claim. Ms. Evans has published and delivered numerous continuing legal education seminars on civil mediation in the state and federal courts of Florida. Prior to becoming a full~ time neutral, Ms. Evans spent ten years specializing in complex commercial litigation with a Miami commercial litigation boutique practice.
A founding member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the Florida Bar, Ms. Evans currently serves on its Executive Council and previously served as the Chair 2013 - 2014. Ms. Evans additionally serves on the Executive Council of the Labor and Employment Section of the Florida Bar. Ms. Evans is a member of the Federal Court Committee on Mediation for the Southern District of Florida, a member of the Spellman-Hoeveler Chapter of the American Inns of Court, a member of the South Florida Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, a member of the National Association of Distinguished Neutrals, a member of the American College of Civil Trial Mediators, and a Diplomate of the Florida Association of Professional Mediators, a member of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers, and a member of the Dade County Bar Association.
Ms. Evans previously served on the Executive Board of the Miami~Dade County Parks Foundation, and served for 11 years as a member of the Citizens Advisory Committee of the Miami~Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department.
- ADA Disability
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Health Care
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Non-profit Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D. - 1983
- American University, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science - 1980
Memberships & Affiliations
- The Federal Bar Association, South Florida Chapter
- American Inns of Court, Spellman-Hoeveler Chapter
- Labor and Employment Section of the Florida Bar, Executive Council
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the Florida Bar, Executive Council, Chair 2013-2014
- American College of Civil Trial Mediators
- National Association of Distinguished Neutrals
- Florida Association of Professional Mediators, Diplomate
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Dade County Bar Association
$400.00 per hour with a two-hour minimum for mediation. $400.00 per hour for arbitration.