Academy MemberMap & Directions
Mr. Briggs has served as mediation counsel to Upchurch Watson White & Max since 1997. Mr. Briggs is primarily called upon to mediate complex and multi-party commercial cases, mostly dealing with issues relating to construction, bad faith, professional negligence and insurance Mr. Briggs was a successful civil trial lawyer for 25 years in Central Florida, with an emphasis on construction litigation, legal malpractice and insurance coverage disputes. In addition, he served as corporate counsel to two construction firms in Florida.
Prior to graduating from the Florida State University College of Law, Mr. Briggs served in the U.S. Army as a helicopter pilot in Vietnam. He has served as a faculty member for the Basic Trial Advocacy Course presented by the Florida Bar, as well as presenting numerous seminars for the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers.
- ADA Disability
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Wrongful Death
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow of the International Academy of Mediators (2006)
- Chairman, Construction Committee; Section of Dispute Resolution - American Bar Association (2000-2001)
- Mediation Delegate: People to People Ambassador Program Conference; China (2001)
- Presentation: "How to Best Represent Your Client in Mediation"; The Florida Bar
- Presentation: "Structuring the Complex Multi-party Construction Case Mediation" Dispute Resolution Section: American Bar Assoc., Washington, D.C., 2001
$450 per hour, divided equally between parties.